Range: $15.28 - $19.11 per hour
Performs safe, efficient operation and care of heavy maintenance and construction equipment under general supervision. Equipment Operators are working operators and must perform manual labor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Operates heavy equipment to include backhoes (front and rear), track hoe, bobcat, graders, bulldozers, and tractors to perform ditch and drainage work, installation of culverts and pipes, demolition of structures, road construction, grading, loading, clearing and grubbing, bush-hogging and other jobs.
- Moves debris, dirt, or other material from one place to another to lay asphalt or adjust grade.
- Shoots grade with transit or laser level.
- Hauls, transports, loads and unloads various equipment, or other materials used in projects or at work sites; monitors status of materials under transport and retrieves any fallen debris/materials.
- Comprehends and makes inferences from written material such as blueprints, drawings, layouts or other visual aids.
- Maintains City property, streets, sidewalks, and rights-of-way, including: mowing, trimming, litter collection, brush removal, leaf collection, tree trimming, snow removal, cleaning, painting, street sign maintenance, storm water drainage maintenance.
- Operates maintenance and landscape equipment including power and hand tools.
- Routinely inspects equipment for safety and mechanical problems.
- Performs equipment checks, preventative maintenance and light repairs on equipment
- Assists crews with concrete and asphalt in sidewalk and road repairs, includes operating an asphalt roller.
- Assists with traffic control when working in high traffic areas of the City.
- May assist with the supervision of a small crew, depending on assignment.
- May assist with janitorial duties in the Public Works facility.
- Attends job related trainings regarding equipment safety, repair and construction techniques.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
- Minimum four (4) to six (6) years construction or public works experience.
- Minimum four (4) to six (6) years verifiable directly related experience in equipment operation.
(A comparable amount of training, education and/or experience may be substituted for the above qualifications.)
- Possession of or ability to obtain a valid Tennessee driver’s license by date of hire.
- Possession of or ability to obtain within six months, a Tennessee Class “B” Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted by Monday, April 15, 2019 at 5 p.m.
City of Clinton
100 N. Bowling Street
Clinton, TN 37716
Fax to: 865.457.4651
Click Here to download a copy of this job posting.
Click Here to download a job application.