FACILITY AND GROUNDS MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Range: $16.97 - $21.21 per hour
The Facility and Ground Maintenance position provides specialized maintenance and repairs in electrical, plumbing and carpentry. This position provides landscaping duties of parks and municipal properties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Installs, diagnoses and repairs heating/air conditioning/refrigeration systems.
- Performs inspection, testing, troubleshooting, and repair of applicable building structures and systems, which may include electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and other applicable systems.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance activities to ensure efficient and effective operations.
- Estimates the cost of repairs and the necessary supplies and equipment.
- Monitors and maintains materials, supplies, equipment, and/or other applicable inventory items in assigned area of responsibility.
- Prepares and reviews a variety of information, logs, invoices, and operational records or reports.
- Maintains parks, courts and municipal properties, including mowing, trimming, edging, landscaping, brush removal, litter pickup, tree trimming, and snow removal.
- Performs tasks related to sports field maintenance, including raking fields, weed control, lining and fence repair.
- Operates landscape equipment including mowers, trimmers and backpack blowers.
- Operate portable sprayers or equipment with specific attachments to apply fertilizer and pesticides.
- Performs checks, preventative maintenance and light repairs on equipment.
- Performs a variety of support and clean-up activities, including cleaning, sweeping and handling of all types of parks and recreation materials.
- Assist at events sponsored by the City.
- Deliver, set-up and remove chairs, risers and other portable items needed for special events.
- May assist with routine checks or maintenance of playground equipment, swimming pool, bowling equipment and lanes.
- Drives and operates City vehicles and small and/or light equipment.
- Attend safety and training sessions.
- Employees will be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in facility/building maintenance, repair and operations.
- Minimum two (2) years of specialized or technical training in one or more trades.
(A comparable amount of training, education and/or experience may be substituted for the above qualifications.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Possession of or ability to obtain a valid Tennessee driverís license by date of hire.
- Possession of EPA Section 608 Certification by date of hire.
- Possess (within 6 months of hire) and maintain a valid First Aid and CPR/AED certification.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applications must be submitted by Tuesday, January 22, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
City of Clinton
100 N. Bowling Street
Clinton, TN 37716
Fax to: 865.457.4651
Click Here to download a copy of this job description.
Click Here to download a job application.