This position performs highly responsible emergency service work receiving requests for information or emergency 911 assistance from the general public, law enforcement and other emergency personnel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Receives and transmits all incoming emergency and non-emergency telephone calls and provides information to law enforcement personnel using direct radio communication by accessing computerized information regarding criminal histories, existing warrants, vehicle registrations, driverís license status, and similar information.
- Dispatches appropriate response including: fire, police, ambulance, etc.
- Relays descriptions and other information to police field units concerning, but not limited to, wanted persons, complaints, disturbances, accidents and other emergency events.
- Maintains appropriate control logs and recordings. Copy reports.
- Contacts businesses and homeowners as required.
- Coordinates towing service.
- Updates and maintains emergency contacts for businesses, including monitoring alarms.
- Maintains security of facility by use of electronic devices associated with communications, including, monitoring video screens, lobby, city hall interior door, city hall exterior doors, community center, parking lot, and garage.
- Maintains good housekeeping of dispatching area, including supplies and materials.
- Due to the required staffing 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, this position must be able to work on short notice and rotating shifts, including holidays and weekends.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
- Experience in customer service, emergency service operations or related field.
- Basic clerical skills such as: typing, filing, and use of standard office equipment.
(A comparable amount of training, education and/or experience may be substituted for the above qualifications.)
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Possession of or ability to obtain a valid Tennessee driverís license by date of hire.
- Must successfully complete NCIC training and Query Certification within 2 weeks of hire.
- Must successfully complete NCIC training and Basic Certification within 3 months of hire.
HOW TO APPLY: A completed City employment application must accompany a resume. A resume without a City employment application will not be considered.
Applications must be submitted by Friday, November 16, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Mail to or drop off, in person:
City of Clinton
100 N. Bowling Street
Clinton, TN 37716
Fax to: 865.457.4651
Click Here to download a copy of this job description.
Click Here to download a job application.