MAINTENANCE ASSISTANT - PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
Range: $11.83 - 13.93 per hour
Applications must be submitted by Friday, April 19, 2019 at 4:30 p.m. A City of Clinton employment application must be submitted to be considered for this position.
Under close to general supervision this entry-level position performs unskilled to routine semi-skilled work on the maintenance of City landscape, streets, curbs, and sidewalks. According to area assigned, duties include grass cutting, picking up trash, trimming trees and operating a wide variety of equipment. This position will work in all types of weather, including heat, cold, wind, rain and snow.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains City property, streets, sidewalks, and rights-of-way, including: mowing, trimming, litter collection, brush
removal, leaf collection, tree trimming, snow removal, cleaning, painting, street sign maintenance, storm water
- Operates maintenance and landscape equipment including power and hand tools.
- Loads and unloads materials, tools and equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance and light repairs on equipment
- Drives and operates City vehicles and small and/or light equipment.
- Assists with concrete and asphalt in sidewalk and road repairs.
- Assists with traffic control when working in high traffic areas of the City.
- Attend safety and training sessions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
- Minimum one (1) year experience performing manual labor in ground maintenance or construction related work. (A comparable amount of training, education and/or experience may be substituted for the above qualifications.)
- Possession of or ability to obtain a valid Tennessee driverís license by date of hire.
- Possession of a Tennessee Commercial Driverís License (CDL) is a plus, but not required.
HOW TO APPLY
Mail to or drop off, in person:
City of Clinton
100 N. Bowling Street
Clinton, TN 37716.
Fax to: 865.457.4651
Email to: email@example.com
Click Here to download a copy of this job posting.
Click Here to download a job application.