Officers trained in law enforcement work, crime detection and prevention and who have been given authority to maintain the peace, safety and order of the community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Meets all standards of police officer as defined above.
- Patrols a designated area of the City by radio equipped car or on foot to discover, prevent and deter the commission of crimes and enforce criminal law.
- Directs traffic and enforce traffic ordinances.
- Responds to calls involving automobile accidents, fire, domestic and neighborhood disturbances, assaults, burglaries, thefts and other misdemeanors and felonies.
- Secures the scene of the crime, administer first aid, conduct preliminary investigations, gather evidence, obtain witness statements and make arrests.
- Processes complaints and investigations involving the enforcement of all laws and codes and any violations thereof.
- Interviews persons with complaints and make proper disposition or direct to the proper authorities.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations and to provide a high level of customer service.
- Carries out orders received from superior officers.
- Updates supervisor of activities while on duty.
- Submits accurate reports depicting actual facts of an investigation as it transpired.
- Prepares for and testifies in court proceedings, both civil and criminal resulting from previous cases as necessary.
- Operate a patrol car and maintain department equipment as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
- Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age and a citizen of the United States.
- Candidate is required to pass all background checks along with successful passing of drug test, physical Exam and psychological evaluation.
(A comparable amount of training, education and/or experience may be substituted for the above qualifications.)
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Possession of or ability to obtain a valid Tennessee driverís license by date of hire.
- Possess a current P.O.S.T. certification in Tennessee.
HOW TO APPLY: A completed City employment application must accompany a resume. A resume without a City employment application will not be considered.
Applications must be submitted by Monday, February 25, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
In-Person or Mail to:
City of Clinton
100 N. Bowling Street
Clinton, TN 37716
Fax to: 865.457.4651
Click Here to download a copy of this job description.
Click Here to download a job application.