RECREATION COORDINATOR - PROGRAMS
$31,801 - $39,752
Responsible for the overall management of a wide variety of recreation programs through planning, budgeting, organizing, marketing, scheduling, directing, coordinating and supervising. Provides general support to and works under the general supervision of the Recreation Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develops, plans, leads, and oversees a wide variety of programs and activities for all ages to meet the recreational needs of the community.
- Coordinates and administers the summer youth program and after school youth program, including coordinating activities.
- Supervises, directs, and evaluates assigned staff, including training and processing concerns.
- Coordinates the preparation and administration of written contracts, lease agreements between the department and public.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of programs and services to ensure that quality programs and services are maintained. Makes recommendations to the Recreation Director for improvements and program needs.
- Interacts with parents, children, program participants, instructors, coaches, youth associations, schools, community organizations, civic groups and others regarding programs, events, and activities.
- Responds to and resolves inquiries regarding programs and activities; responds to requests, concerns, questions and complaints at any time prior to, during or after the program.
- Gathers and maintains information to support special projects, activities and events.
- Pursues grants and participates in fund-raising events for programs.
- Attends community events, recreation conferences, and various meetings to promote and develop support for recreation programs and events.
- Promotes programs and activities through City website, social media and other sources.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment; distributes and orders supplies and equipment.
- Explains principle safety procedures to staff and participants in recreational programs; maintains a safe environment; reports and documents any and all injuries or incidents; and administers first aid according to procedures.
- This position requires the ability to work a varied schedule, including evenings, holidays, and weekends.
(These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other related duties as assigned, including City-directed work assignments in the event of a storm or declared emergency.)
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelorís Degree in Recreation, Leisure Studies, Public Administration or a related field.
- Minimum one (1) year full-time work experience working with youth in a related recreation, classroom, programming, or social service setting.
- Experience in a leadership or supervisory role.
(A comparable amount of training, education and/or experience may be substituted for the above qualifications.)
Licenses and Certifications:
- Possession of or ability to obtain a valid Tennessee driverís license by date of hire.
- Possess (within 6 months of hire) and maintain a valid First Aid and CPR/AED certification.
HOW TO APPLY - Applications must be submitted by Friday, May 10, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
City of Clinton
100 N. Bowling Street
Clinton, TN 37716
Fax to: 865.457.4651
Click Here to download a copy of this job posting.
Click Here to download a job application.
A completed employment application must accompany a resume. A resume without a City employment application will not be considered.